Abtex is looking for a talented machinist who has experience with manual and CNC lathes/Mills to
join our Team. This CNC machinist will be responsible for setting up, operating, and maintaining
CNC machines to ensure reliable and efficient production processes. They will work closely with
the Engineering and Operations teams and serve as a bridge to ensure that engineering and
production requirements are met in a timely fashion. This role will report to and be a part of the
Operations team and be accountable for achieving corporate metrics for their area of
To be successful in this role you should have a hands-on approach and be able to work effectively
within a team and have a high level of technical expertise. An outstanding machinist should be
proficient in reading and interpreting technical drawings, blueprints, and CAD/CAM designs with
the ability to manufacture parts independently and efficiently to specification.
CNC Machinist Requirements:
• 2+ years of experience in machining preferred.
• Experience evaluating and troubleshooting manufacturing processes and machinery.
• Ability to set up and program CNC machines according to specifications.
• Experience using CAD/CAM programs.
• Understanding of feeds, speeds, machining parameters, and tool selection
• Ability to set-up and operate manual machining equipment.
• Ability to support the development and maintenance of work instructions, machine
documentation, and training materials.
• Strong organization and management skills.
• Effective communication skills to collaborate with team members, engineers, and
• High level of technical expertise.
• Strong analytical thinker.
• Willingness to engage in ongoing training and professional development to stay updated
on industry advancements.
• Willingness to mentor and assist junior machinists.
Abtex offers a wide variety of opportunities for this Machinist, as we are a custom machine
manufacturing and consumables producing facility. For the right candidate, the ability to make
meaningful contributions and develop the growth of our machining operations is a path to shaping
the next 5-10 years of their career and opens avenues for professional growth and development