Assembly of Electrical Control Panels, Junction Boxes, and some wire harnesses from prints. This position is responsible for the physical
assembly, wiring and, testing of control panels for industrial equipment. The Technician will fabricate controls to print, including layout and
physical mounting of components to the back panel, wiring of all components, installation of control panel onto equipment, and testing to
ensure proper operation. All duties must be performed in accordance with all company policies and procedures.
Safety: Keeping safety as the priority when performing all duties.
Willingness to Serve: Able to demonstrate a high level of service delivery to ensure customer satisfaction; properly deal with service
failures and prioritize customer needs.
Decision Making and Problem Solving: Able to take action in solving problems while exhibiting judgment and a realistic understanding of issues;
able to use reason, even while dealing with potentially emotional topics; review facts and weigh options.
Integrity: Able to be tactful, maintain confidence, and foster an ethical work environment; handle all situations honestly.
Policies, Process, and Procedures: Able to act in accordance with established guidelines; follow standard procedures in crisis situations; recognize
and constructively conform to unwritten rules or practices.
Quality: Able to maintain high standards despite pressing deadlines; do the work right the first time and inspect material for flaws; reinforce excellence
as a fundamental priority.
Respect: Able to adapt behavior to others’ styles, interact with people who have different values, culture, or backgrounds, be of service to
difficult people, optimize the benefits of having a diverse workforce. Able to develop a rapport with others and recognize their concerns and
feelings; build and maintain long-term associations based on trust; help others.
Team Centered: Able to share due credit with coworkers; display enthusiasm and promote a friendly group working environment; work closely
with other departments as necessary; support group decisions and solicit opinions from coworkers; display team spirit.
Communication: Able to clearly present information through the spoken or written word; read and interpret complex information; talk with
customers; listen well.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Dimension and layout of back panels and enclosures
- Mounting of components to back panels and enclosures
- Routing and bundling of wire and cables neatly to meet wiring standards
- Point to point wiring of relays, controls, PLCs, I/O Modules, VFDs, Interfaces, & Instrumentation
- Troubleshoot panels as needed to eliminate wiring errors and component malfunctions
- Maintain red line drawing mark-ups of changes required during fabrication
- Communicate redline changes to Engineer or Team Leader for revision prior to completion
- Communicates effectively with all team members, leads, builders, engineers, and the Project Manager
- The ability to meet deadlines under pressure
- A high standard of quality and attention to detail.
- Perform other duties as assigned or as needed.
- High School Graduate or equivalent.
- Technical school attendance a plus.
- Ability to understand and work from schematics.
- Knowledge of electrical theory and terminology required.
- Ability to communicate effectively, (written and verbally) with peers, management.
- Must be willing to work some overtime if the business need arises.
- Must be very detailed oriented and strive to achieve high-quality results.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, organize and adhere to written procedures.
- Professionalism, a positive attitude and willingness to work as a team.
- Must be able to simultaneously handle the demands of internal and external customers.
Abtex offers an attractive compensation package including year-end bonus, profit sharing, 401K plan with match, health care, and paid vacation time.
Abtex provides a comfortable, team-oriented work environment.